Polar Express, HANSON, Toy Drive, Santa, ATLiens, German Christmas, Wine, Winter, and more! Happy Holidays – this weekend!
Thursday – 12/5/19
- at 5pm – Lights On Dundee @ Dundee
- at 6pm – Toy Drive for Pine Ridge @ Stocks N Bonds
- at 9pm – The Motet @ The Waiting Room Lounge
Friday – 12/6/19
- at 4pm – Holiday Cultural Festival @ The Durham Museum
- at 530pm – Trainapalooza Family Night @ Union Pacific Museum
- at 7pm – HANSON @ Sokol Auditorium
- at 9pm – ATLiens @ Slowdown
Saturday – 12/7/19
- at 11am – Polar Express 2019 @ Watson Steam Train & Depot
- at 12pm – Annual Santa Paws Photos @ Woof & Whiskers
- at 1230pm – Santa Visits Kros Strain @ Kros Strain Brewing Company
- at 1pm – Winter Wine Festival @ Nebraska Humane Society
Sunday – 12/8/19
- at 12pm – Christmas In Germany @ German-American Society
- at 12pm – Winter Open House @ Hot Shops Art Center
- at 1pm – Holiday Photos with Santa @ Nature Dog
“Partly sunny, partly cloudy, partly chilly, but FULLY in the Christmas spirit. I am here for it. And here is the weather.“
Pick of the Week
I am a sucker for ugly sweater parties and this one sounds fun. Plus I think Santa will be there earlier in the day, so maybe Santa will also join the party? I have SO many questions to ask him and I can ask them after a few beers.
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming next week for those that like to plan ahead.
- Five Finger Death Punch @ CHI Health Center
- Holiday Market @ The Waiting Room Lounge
- 7th Annual Free Day @ Quality Ink Tattoo
- Blackstone Krampus Krawl 2019 @ Farnam House Brewing Company
- The Christmas Bar Crawl @ Dubliner
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Craft Sliders + Beer – Yummy Little Burg’s
I am big on little foods. I like little foods. You feel like a big ole giant eating away at your glorious feast. So you know I love sliders, and Craft has the best little sliders in town. I made it the feature for this week.
Like this blog? Get it as an email every Thursday, every week, and subscribe here.
Fun fact: Sagittarius B is a vast molecular cloud of gas and dust floating near the centre of the Milky Way, 26,000 light-years from Earth, (…) and, amazingly, it contains 10-billion-billion-billion litres of alcohol. The vinyl alcohol in the cloud is far from the most flavoursome tipple in the universe, but it is an important organic molecule which offers some clues how the first building blocks of life-forming substances are produced. Via Lifehack
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly