Warrior women, the Omaha film festival, Demetri Martin, and a doughnut shootout!
- at 6pm – Bite of East Omaha Culinary Bus Tour
- at 7pm – Warrior Women, film screening and post show discussion with the filmmaker at the Ruth Sokolof Theater
- at 730pm – Spence w/ Taking the Hourglass, The Wood Notes, Saints of Lust at The Slowdown
- at 6pm – Omaha Film Festival ’19 Release Party at Aksarben Cinema
- at 7pm – Guster & The Omaha Symphony at the Holland Center
- at 7pm – Hotel Desperado, Eagles Tribute band, at Stocks n Bonds Omaha
- at 10am – The 2019 Omaha Holistic Expo at Scott Conference Center
- at 7pm – Demetri Martin: Wandering Minds Tour at Rococo Theatre
- at 7pm – Generator Series: Resilience at KANEKO
- at 11am – The 4th Annual Doughnut Shootout at The Waiting Room Lounge
- at 2pm – With A Little Help From My Friends at the Chrome Lounge
- at 6pm – An Irish Music Session at the Brazen Head Pub
Super Legit Happy Hours of the Week
- Herbe Sainte– Mon-Thurs, 3pm-6pm, Fri & Sat 10pm-12am – $1.50 Oysters, Étouffée $5, Mac N Cheese $7, Meat Board $6, Clam dip $4
- Stokin’ Goat – Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm, Sun All day – Tap beer $4, Glass of Session wine $4, Cocktails $5, Pork belly bites $6, Mushroom Arancini $6, French Onion Dip $4, Rum Jerk Chicken Wings $5, and more!
- Mula – Mon All Day, Tues-Fri 2pm-6pm – $5 Margaritas, half-off Tequila & Mezcal, $1 off draft beer, Salsa flight $9, Queso $3, Gringe $5, Rolled Tacos $5
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Himalayan Java Coffee – 329 S 16th st Omaha, Nebraska
— A true sense of community and care is one of those rare things to find in a business these days, but that is just what the team at Himalayan Java whips up every day. From the coffee, to the exceptional food, to the friendly and fast service – this is one of my personal favorites in Omaha. Go here on Wednesdays and Saturdays during select hours and get the MOMOs, which are delicious Nepalese dumplings which you can choose to drench in a creamy hot sauce – by far the best dumplings I’ve had in Omaha. Their sandwiches, pastries, soups, are abnormally good for a mere coffee shop. The owner, Sagr, is there every day and seems to know every customer that comes in. That cozy, community atmosphere that other coffee shops try to manufacture, Himalayan creates naturally with their people and food. And did I mention free refills on coffee?
Favorites to order – Momos, Nepalese dumplings. Chai Tea Latte. Cinnamon Coffee cake.
Enjoy getting the best events in Omaha every week? Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter!
New format by day, also I added in the “Omaha Famous” feature to highlight local artists, restaurants, performers, and more. As we get more, I will archive these in a separate page. What do you think? I would love your feedback.
Don’t forget to share this blog with friends as we continue to grow! Thank you and have an awesome weekend Omaha …