It’s a weekend of love, it’s a weekend of beer… Speed dating, EDM at The Max, Omaha Beer Week (so much beer!) and more!
Thursday (Valentine’s Day)
- at 730pm – Speed Dating – Single & Ready to Mingle at Barchen Beer Garden
- at 9pm – EDM Night – Valentine’s Edition at The Max
- at 9pm – Love SUCKS Party at Addy’s Maple
- at 5pm – Omaha Beer Week 2019 Kickoff at Scriptown Brewing Co.
- at 9pm – Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Ball at Stock N Bonds Omaha
- at 9pm – Ladies That Love! at The Tavern
- at 7am – Trek Up the Tower 2019 at First National Bank Tower
- at 12pm – Omaha Beer Week Craft Beer Bus Tour
- at 1pm – Firkin Good Beer! At Upstream Brewing Company
- at 10am – Galentine’s Day! at Zen Coffee Company
- at 10am – Beerunch at Benson Brewery
- at 2pm – Half-Way to Oktoberfest Party at Crescent Moon Alehouse
A Romantic Evening with Bae
Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres in the Scott Aquarium followed by a romantic dinner and music from the Midlands String Quartet. Cost is $170 per ticket. One ticket to the event includes admission for two people, four drink tickets, a private table for two and dinner for two.
Course I: Duck Prosciutto | Beef Heart Tartare | Crispy Sunchoke
Course II: Kale Salad | Parsnip Soup | Salad Lyonaisse
Course III: Venison | Cauliflower | Dry Aged Bison Ribeye | Scallop
Course IV: Red Velvet | Strawberry Mousse
$85 per person excluding truffle additions + wine features and whole table participation is required.
The dinner will include three courses paired with beers by our in-house cicerone for $40 (per person).
Did Valentine’s Day sneak up on you? Try and book one of these restaurants!
“Supposed to snow and be cold, windy and shitty all weekend, kinda like last last weekend but probably worse.” – More details here.
Local music, food, and people, you should know
The Down Under Lounge – 3530 Leavenworth St. Omaha, NE 68105
— For my first experience at Down Under Lounge, well, I probably had a little too much fun. All I remember is that I had 5-6 pints of some fantastic beer and was playing bongos off stage by the end of the night and left my debit card there. But I recall, I was allowed to play bongos off stage, at least for that night…When I came back to get my debit card (they very graciously kept it secure for 3 weeks), I decided to have a beer as well, and started to learn a bit more about this place. This is a true, local, musicians bar. Not only will the Down Under have music playing on stage most nights, but in the crowd will be musicians themselves, and you will probably see them take turns with whoever is on stage. Then you can chat up the person who was just playing and tell them how you also play guitar but aren’t very good. Everyone here seems to know each other in the best way. It’s like that show Cheers! on acid, and with really good music and beer. And I mean, really good music. The locals here can really play, and you should go and support them and enjoy the whole atmosphere. Leave the bongos to the professionals…
Best Nights To Go – Every Wednesday Open Mic Night
Another one in the books…Share this blog with friends and I’ll give you a dollar!*
*will not give you a dollar