Dinosaurs, Flappers, Basketball, Beertopia, and Girl Scout Cookies – This one’s a doozy!
Thursday – 2/21/19
- at 6pm – Adults Only Dino Night @ Lauritzen Gardens
- at 6pm – Cats, Coffee, and Books @ Felius
- at 8pm – Whose Live Anyway @ Holland Center
Friday – 2/22/19
- at 6pm – Flappers and Fizz @ The Durham Museum
- at 7pm – Space Jesus @ The Slowdown
- at 10pm – Punch Clock Martyrs Album Release Party @ O’Leavers
Saturday – 2/23/19
- at 130pm – Creighton vs Georgetown Men’s Basketball @ CHI Health Center
- at 2pm – EXTREME Presented by Beertopia @ Ralston Arena
- at 6pm – Trap Yoga @ I Heartbeat Dance
Sunday – 2/24/19
- at 11am – Taylor Made Rescue Rally @ Nebraska Humane Society
- at 1pm – Girl Scout Cookie and Beer Pairing Event @ Growler USA
- at 5pm – Dino-Nights @ Lauritzen Gardens
Super Legit Happy Hours of the Week
-We have the happy hours compiled now, so that we all have an ever-growing list of times and places to get affordably buzzed around town. Check out our happy page.
“It may rain a bit over the weekend, with a ‘wintry’ mix. But it will be quite warm by Omaha’s standards, mid 30s. Wear a light jacket.” – More details found here.
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Punch Clock Martyrs – Clock out, and rock out
Ever been to a CD release party before? I haven’t either. Want to listen to punk fire? Yeah, I think I do too. Go see this feature about my buddy Patrick and his cool new band – Punch Clock Martyrs.
Translated, the word “Omaha” (actually U-Mo’n-Ho’n) means “Dwellers on the Bluff” also translated as “those going against the wind or current” (can relate to that).
Since the 17th century, the Pawnee, Otoe, Sioux, and Ioway all variously occupied the land that became Omaha. Interesting page here about the Omaha nation.