Dr. Seuss, Dierks Bentley, Aerial gymnastics, Pink Floyd covers, and can we talk about Spring Break yet?
- at 530pm – Dr. Seuss Literacy Night @ Lied Multipurpose Complex
- at 6pm – Tequila Tasting Dinner @ La Mesa Mexican Restaurant
- at 630pm – Seeking Refuge: Stories of Refuge in Omaha @ Bemis Center
Friday – 3/1/19
- at 4pm – Raise Glasses, Not Taxes: Omaha @ Brickway Brewery & Distillery
- at 830pm – Floyd @ The Slowdown
- at 9pm – Impakt presents: Kill Paris @ Karma Nightclub
Saturday – 3/2/19
- at 330pm – Grand Opening Open House @ Omingbird Aerial Gym
- at 6pm – Burmese Ramen with Aagya @ Himalayan Java
- at 7pm – Dierks Bentley @ CHI Health Center
Sunday – 3/3/19
- at 10am – Omaha Comic Book Convention @ Comfort Inn & Suites
- at 11am – MULA Spring Break 2K19 @ MULA
- at 12pm – Pączki Day Party @ The Polish Home Omaha
Super Legit Happy Hours of the Week
- The Casual Pint – Everyday 4-6pm, all day Tuesday – $1 off all Pints.
- Krug Park – Everyday 4-7pm – $1 off American craft beer, 75 cents off well-drinks
- Proof – Mon 3pm-close, 3-7pm Tues – Fri, Sat-Sun 12-6pm – 25% off all items behind the bar, 25% all Whiskeys on Whiskey Wednesdays
Check out our happy page for more!
“It will be cold af but at least it won’t snow this weekend. So we got that going for us which is nice.” More here.
Local music, food, and people, you should know
California Tacos & More – Out of bounds!
What can I say that hasn’t been said already by the great Guy Fieri? This place is a great example of quality Midwest-Mexican, and it’s right here in Omaha. You need to try this place out and feast on the incredible puffy taco.
A growing number of African immigrants have made their homes in Omaha in the last twenty years. There are approximately 8,500 Sudanese living in Omaha, including the largest population of Sudanese refugees in the United States. Most have immigrated since 1995 because of warfare in Sudan. Other Africans have immigrated to Omaha as well, with one-third from Nigeria, and significant populations from Kenya, Togo, Cameroon and Ghana.
Check out the International Cafe for authentic Ethiopian cuisine (and the best gyro in town!).