Oktoberfest, Backstreet Boys, Tacoberfest, Brew Haha, Horror! Out of Darkness, Gallivant, Woofstock, and more! Drink it up!
Thursday – 9/5/19
- at 5pm – Brew Haha @ Stinson Park
- at 7pm – Dancing In The District @ The Capital District
- at 8pm – Buffalo Gospel w/ Matt Cox @ Slowdown
Friday – 9/6/19
- at 4pm – Gerda’s Oktoberfest @ Gerda’s German Restaurant and Bakery
- at 4pm – 2nd Annual Shadow Ridge Music Festival @ Shadow Ridge Country Club
- at 630pm – Biggest Watch Party in Omaha @ The Capital District
Saturday – 9/7/19
- at 10am – 3rd Annual Horror Open House @ Pop Culture Exchange
- at 10am – 48th Annual Art Fair @ Rockbrook Village
- at 12pm – Tacoberfest @ Scriptown Brewing Company
Sunday – 9/8/19
- at 11am – Out of The Darkness Walk To Prevent Suicide @ Lewis and Clark Landing
- at 11am – Woofstock @ Midtown Crossing at Turner Park
- at 8pm – Backstreet Boys @ CHI Health Center
“Hey…It’s going to be kinda hot. Then get cooler as the weekend goes on, with relatively low humidity. Highs in the 80s, lows in the 60s, and mediums probably in the 70s. Personally, I can’t wait till those leaves turn and that cool Autumn breeze caresses my beard as I return to sipping hot coffee, with 2% milk and a touch of cinnamon spice…I digress. Here’s more info.”
Happy Hour of the Week
- J. Gilbert’s – Mon – Fri 4pm – 630pm, Sun All Day (bar only) – Oysters on the half-shell $2, Lobster Claws $3.50, Appetizers starting at $7, and $7 Drink Specials
See the ever-growing list at our Happy hours page!
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming down the pipeline for those that like to plan ahead.
- CenterFest 2019 @ Center St
- Omaha Lit Fest 2019 @ The Venue
- Fiestas Patrias Omaha 2019 @ 24th St.
- El Grito De Independencia @ Plaza De La Raza
- Alan Jackson @ CHI Health Center
- Black Family Excellence Festival @ Benson Park
- Hamilton – An American Musical
- Omaha Marathon
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Gallivant – Rock n Rollmaha
Did you know Rock n Roll is alive and well in Omaha, Nebraska? Well it is folks. And leading the charge is this awesome band called GALLIVANT. I got the pleasure to see them live and capture some awesome footage of this high energy powerhouse – Check it out here!
Like this blog? Get it as an email every Thursday, every week.
Fun fact: Though all official sources say it is coincidence, the Pink Floyd album The Dark Side of the Moon lines up perfectly with the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz. The rainbow on the album cover further pushes the idea that the two are connected. Conspirators refer to this pairing with names like “Dark Side of the Rainbow”, “The Wizard of Floyd” & “Dark Side of Oz”. Via Factinate
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly