Flood Relief Concert, Entrepreneurs, Taco trots, Powwow’s, Throwback parties & The Latin Madonna – We got it all this weekend folks!
- at 6pm – ARTalk Exhibition @ Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts
- at 630pm – Nebraska Flood Relief Benefit Concert @ The Jewell
- at 730pm – Oh, Sleeper @ The Waiting Room
Friday – 4/5/19
- at 830am – 8th Annual Midwest Entrepreneurship Conference @ KANEKO
- at 5pm – 6th Annual Fish Fry-Day @ Infusion Brewing Company
- at 730pm – Terrace Martin @ Holland Center
Saturday – 4/6/19
- at 11am – Taco Trot @ Midtown Crossing
- at 11am – Open House / Open Studios @ Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts
- at 1pm – UNO’s Wambli Sapa Memorial Powwow @ Lee & Helene Sapp Fieldhouse
Sunday – 4/7/19
- at 7pm – Marisela “The Latin Madonna” @ Holland Center
- at 9pm – Mdou Moctar Band (from Niger) & David Nance Group @ Pageturners Lounge
- at 9pm – The Throwback Party @ The Waiting Room Lounge
“It’s going to be a little cloudy, perhaps some showers, but it will be a high of 72 and you should go the hell outside this weekend for sure. Springtime is here baby! More info here.”
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Joslyn Art Museum – Fine Arts of Nebraska
The principal fine arts museum in all of Nebraska. You just gotta know the Joslyn Art Museum. Come take a look at these pretty photos right here.
The ocean looks blue because red, orange and yellow (long wavelength light) are absorbed more strongly by water than is blue (short wavelength light). So when white light from the sun enters the ocean, it is mostly the blue that gets returned. Same reason the sky is blue. Share this with a pretty guy or gal at the bar this weekend.