Cinco De Mayo, Nirvana, Star Wars, Farmer’s Markets, Yoga, and it’s Berkshire week! THIS will be a good one!
Thursday – 5/2/19
- at 530pm – Noche De Charro Show @ Ralston Arena
- at 630pm – Edem In The Plaza @ The Capital District
- at 730pm – Corey Holcomb @ Omaha Funny Bone
Friday – 5/3/19
- at 6pm – Run for the Roses Music and Arts Street Festival @ Brokedown Palace
- at 8pm – Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls @ Sokol Auditorium
- at 9pm – Nevermind – Ultimate Nirvana Tribute Band @ The Waiting Room
Saturday – 5/4/19
- at 11am – Cinco De Mayo Omaha Festival 2019 @ 24th St.
- at 4pm – MULA’s Cinco De Mayo Block Party @ MULA Mexican Kitchen
- at 730pm – Star Wars & Star Gazing Night @ Hummel Nature Center
Sunday – 5/5/19
- at 9am – Omaha Farmer’s Market @ Aksarben Village
- at 10am – Cinco De Mayo & Rooftop Launch Party @ 1912
- at 330pm – Yoga Rocks The Park @ Midtown Crossing Turner Park
“I think Spring is coming back again this weekend. Expect it to get nicer from here on out, with Saturday being the best day of the weekend, so get out there! More info here.”
Feliz Hora de la Semana
Hook & Lime – Tuesday – Saturday 3-6pm, 9-11pm Fri & Sat, Sunday All Day — $1 off all Tacos and Tortas, $6 Salsa Trio, $3 Mex beers, $5.5 Margs, $3 Infused Tequila shots
Check out our comprehensive list here at the Happy hours page!
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming down the pipeline for those that like to plan ahead! (Also Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 12th 😉
- Hairball 2019 @ Ralston Arena
- Luke Combs: Beer Never Broke my Heart Tour @ CHI Health Center
- Opening Day of Live Racing @ Horsemen’s Park
- Meet the Clydesdales @ Horsemen’s Park
- I MOM SO HARD @ Holland Center
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Taqueria Tijuana – The Best Taco in South O
I went to Tijuana once during my college years, but we went to a night club and missed out on the tacos. It’s a miracle I ever graduated! Luckily you can get them right here in Omaha at Taqueria Tijuana in South Omaha – More yummy photos here!
I am making an app in the spirit of this blog that is all about delivering your local scene. Convos, events, food, promos, and more. Check it out at www.postworldapp.com – I’d love your feedback!
Cinco de Mayo is an annual celebration held on May 5. The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army’s victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza. The victory of the smaller Mexican force to defeat the larger French force was a boost to morale for the Mexicans […] More popularly celebrated in the United States than Mexico,[ the date has become associated with the celebration of Mexican-American culture. These celebrations began in California, where they have been observed annually since 1863. The day gained nationwide popularity in the 1980s thanks especially to advertising campaigns by beer and wine companies.