Applejack, Oktoberfest, Farnam Fest, GLOW, Mustangs, Food Day Omaha, Absolutely Fresh, is Fall arriving soon? Find out this weekend!
Thursday – 9/19/19
- at 6pm – Ki-Tiki Party @ Laka Lono
- at 730pm – Late Nights at the Zoo @ The Henry Doorly Zoo
- at 830pm – Willy Buck Blues Band @ The Omaha Lounge
Friday – 9/20/19
- at 8am – 51st Annual Applejack Festival @ Nebraska City, NE
- at 5pm – 135th German Day-Oktoberfest @ German-American Society
- at 7pm – GLOW In The Garden @ Joslyn’s Young Art Patrons
Saturday – 9/21/19
- at 8am – Food Day Omaha 2019 @ Old Market
- at 11am – Farnam Festival 2019 @ 40th & Farnam St
- at 7pm – Lemon Fresh Day @ The Dam Bar
Sunday – 9/22/19
- at 8am – 40th Annual Mustang Car Show @ Hy-vee
- at 2pm – Fall Kick-off @ Magnolia Events and Creations
- at 230pm – Absolutely Fresh 40th Anniversary Party @ Absolutely Fresh Seafood Market
“It’s GON’ RAIN – more info here.”
Omaha Restaurant Week Breakdown
- Restaurant Week is from Sept 13-22
- Find promotional prices from your favorite Omaha area restaurants, try something new around you
- Prices range from $20, 30$, $40, $50
- See a comprehensive list of participating restaurants here
Or there is always our Happy hours page!
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming next week for those that like to plan ahead.
- Bert Kreischer @ Omaha Performing Arts
- Walk for the Animals 2019 @ NE Humane Society
- Oktoberfest on Beer Corner USA @ Crescent Moon Alehouse
- Polish Harvest Fest Weekend @ The Polish Home Omaha
- Mystic Fest Autumn @ Mid-America Center
Local music, food, and people, you should know
UNDER CONSTRUCTION – See you next week
Much like the rest of Omaha these days, this section is under construction. But unlike the rest of Omaha, this construction will be completed. I am in the process of compartmentalizing each post of Omaha Famous so that the page isn’t one long stream of content with slow load times and all.
Also, know any artists in the local area? Send me your referrals. Musicians, painters, poets, filmmakers, comedians, I want to see Omaha’s best and brightest. If so contact me through this blog.
Like this blog? Get it as an email every Thursday, every week.
Fun fact: You have Omaha to thank (or not) for “Top 40” radio. Omahan and broadcasting magnate Todd Storz pioneered the format at the Omaha station KOWH during the early 1950s. Via Movoto.
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly