Harvest, Fiestas Patrias, African Cultural Fest, Alan Jackson, Lit Fest, Restaurant Week, and more!
Thursday – 9/12/19
- at 530pm – Trivia Night 2.0 @ Thunderhead Brewing Company
- at 6pm – ArteLatinX Opening Reception @ El Museo Latino
- at 7pm – Dancing In The District – Line Dancing @ The Capital District
Friday – 9/13/19
- at 5pm – Fiestas Patrias Omaha 2019 @ 24th St South
- at 7pm – Moondance @ The Union for Contemporary Art
- at 730pm – Alan Jackson @ CHI Health Center
Saturday – 9/14/19
- at 10am – Omaha Lit Fest 2019 @ The Venue at Highlander
- at 11am – Harvest Party @ Mulhall’s
- at 2pm – African Cultural Festival 2019 @ Stinson Park
Sunday – 9/15/19
- at 5am – Omaha Marathon @ Omaha
- at 10am – Harvest Market @ Prairie In Bloom
- at 12pm – Center Fest @ Center St. (34th to 36th)
“It’s getting COOLER but it’s still going to be NICE. Highs in the low 80s, some clouds here and there but mostly clear skies, dog. This will be a lovely weekend and you should go outside to one of the many fine events featured on this here bloggerino. More info here.”
Omaha Restaurant Week Breakdown
- Restaurant Week is from Sept 13-22
- Find promotional prices from your favorite Omaha area restaurants, try something new around you
- Prices range from $20, 30$, $40, $50
- See a comprehensive list of participating restaurants here
Or there is always our Happy hours page!
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming next week for those that like to plan ahead.
- Farnam Festival 2019 @ Farnam st
- Glow In The Garden @ Joslyn’s Young Art Patrons
- Mural Unveiling Party
- 135th German-Day Oktoberfest
- Andy Grammar @ Slowdown
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Warren Buffett – The Oracle of Omaha
Have you heard of the Oracle of Omaha? His name is Warren Buffett, and you already knew that. You know he’s super rich, and you know he lives a humble life here in Omaha. However you are probably wondering what I think about the man, and if so read on here.
Like this blog? Get it as an email every Thursday, every week.
Fun fact: As a youth, Warren Buffett set up enough side hustles to amass the equivalent of $53,000 by the time he was just 16 years old. Pinball machines, newspaper delivery, stamp selling, buffing cars, and more. Via Business Insider.
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly