Husker Football is back, La Festa Italiana, Collective Soul, Hutch Fest, R&B Fest, September Fest, and of course Dinosaurs. Let’s get it Omaha!
Thursday – 8/29/19
- at 5pm – Butterfish Sushi & Scriptown Brewery Beer Tasting @ Scriptown Brewing Company
- at 530pm – Last Blast of Summer @ Ralston Area Chamber of Commerce
- at 6pm – Throttle Thursdays Round 8 @ Dillon Brothers
Friday – 8/30/19
- at 12pm – SeptemberFest Omaha @ CHI Health Center
- at 6pm – La Festa Italiana @ Il Pilazzo
- at 8pm – Collective Soul @ Stir Cove
Saturday – 8/31/19
- at 11am – GAME DAY @ The Capital District
- at 2pm – KGOR Live Broadcast Party @ Bayliss Park Council Bluffs
- at 930pm – All White Labor Day Party @ SandBar Grille
Sunday – 9/1/19
- at 10am – Hutchfest @ 11th & Nicolaus
- at 1pm – Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family @ The Durham Museum
- at 2pm – 2019 Rythym Blues & Arts Fest @ Lewis & Clark Landing
“Might rain a lil bit. Otherwise partly cloudy. Can you imagine being a weather person for your job and just talking about the weather all day? And outside of work, people go to you about everything weather related? The weather is like the easiest topic of conversation so now everyday of your existence is spent discussing the weather as a professional weather person, in and outside of work. And a hurricane is like your Super Bowl. Must be absolute hell. Go deeper here. “
Happy Hour of the Week
- Hutong Sushi Grill – 2pm – 5pm Everyday – Select rolls at 1/2 price, or discounted price – Select beers and Sake 1/2 price
Or you can drink from the Happy hours page!
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming down the pipeline for those that like to plan ahead.
- Gerda’s Oktoberfest @ Gerda’s German Restaurant & Bakery
- Tacoberfest @ Scriptown Brewing Company
- blink 182 @ Stir Cove
- Brew Haha @ Stinson Park
- 2nd Annual Shadow Ridge Music Festival @ Shadow Ridge Country Club
- Woofstock @ Midtown Crossing Turner Park
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Modern Love – Omaha’s Vegan Hero
I am all for more and more vegan options despite being a dirty little carnivore myself. But culinary politics aside, Modern Love has damn good food and what they can do with a bunch of cashews and oil will blow your mind. See more yummy stuff here.
Like this blog? Get it as an email every Thursday, every week.
Fun fact: Animal agriculture is one of the leading causes of climate change. By leaving animals off your plate, you instantly cut your carbon emissions in half. Via ChooseVeg.com
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly