Dundee Day, Zombies, Sol Food, Paul Giamatti, Pirates, Frank Caliendo and the drummer of the Beatles – pedal into the weekend!
Thursday – 8/22/19
- at 6pm – Thinking Critically About Sound Art @ Bemis Center
- at 8pm – Highly Suspect w/Slothrust @ Sokol Auditorium
- at 8pm – Rick and Morty Quiz @ Liquid Sunshine Room – Midtown
Friday – 8/23/19
- at 6pm – Opera Outdoors @ Midtown Crossing
- at 8pm – Ringo Star @ Stir Cove
- at 9pm – Zombie Night! @ Craft Axe Throwing
Saturday – 8/24/19
- at 8am – 27th Annual Dundee Day @ Underwood Ave
- at 11am – Food Trucks @ The Great Nebraska Bash
- at 1pm – Malcolm X Sol Food + Music Fest
Sunday – 8/25/19
- at 11am – 2019 Midwest Pirate Fest @ Bellevue Berry & Pumpkin Ranch
- at 7pm – Feature VIII: with Paul Giamatti @ Holland Performing Arts Center
- at 730pm – Frank Caliendo Live @ Omaha Funny Bone
“Will be nice out today. Nice the whole weekend. It’s actually going to get cooler, high in the mid 70s. Get summer in before it’s gone! More info here. “
Happy Hour of the Week
- Krug Park – Mon – Fri 4pm – 7pm – $1 off American Craft beers, Well drinks $4.25
Or you can drink from the Happy hours page!
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming down the pipeline for those that like to plan ahead.
- Hutch Fest
- SeptemberFest Omaha @ CHI Health Center
- 2019 Rhythm Blues & Arts Fest @ Lewis and Clark Landing
- Tyrannosaurs @Durham Museum
- Collective Soul @ Stir Cove
- La Fest Italiana @ Il Palazzo Omaha
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium – Because animals are cool.
DID YOU KNOW OMAHA HAS A ZOO? Of course you did. It’s all we have. But it’s a pretty awesome zoo, and dare I say better than the San Diego Zoo. About Zoo’s though, are they good? Are they bad? Who is Henry Doorly? Is he good or bad? It’s complicated – Check out this segment for my take on the Henry Doorly zoo and my take on Zoos in general.
Like this blog? Get it as an email every Thursday, every week.
Fun fact: One of the oldest known zoos was discovered in Egypt in 2009 and was believed to have existed in 3,500 BC. Evidence of elephants, wildcats, baboons, and hippopotami were discovered at the location. Ancient Egyptian Zoos, CRAZY. Via Vittana
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly