Maha Festival, Lizzo, Ben Harper, Castles, Helicopter Rides, Polish Fest, Brunch, and Dog Day at the Pool – Omaha has it all this weekend!
Thursday – 8/15/19
- at 7pm – Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals @ Stir Cove
- at 7pm – Gov’t Mule @ SumTur Amphitheater
- at 7pm – Silent Planet Live @ The Lookout Lounge
Friday – 8/16/19
- at 5pm – 2019 Bellevue Riverfest Helicopter Rides @ American Heroes Park
- at 830pm – The Throwback Party @ The Waiting Room Lounge
- at 9pm – Uh oh – it’s a Leo Lizzo Party @ The B. Bar
Saturday – 8/17/19
- at 10am – Omaha Brews Tour @ Farnham St.
- at 1pm – Joslyn Castle Tour @ Joslyn Castle
- at 8pm – 2019 Sunsets Summer Concert Series @ Fun-Plex
Sunday – 8/18/19
- at 10am – Brunch Staycation! @ 1912 Bar
- at 12pm – St Stanislaus Polish Festival @ St. Stanislaus Catholic Church
- at 1pm – 2019 Dog Day At The Bay @ Papio Bay Aquatic Center
” It’s going to rain today, in fact it’s raining right now, just look outside your window. The weekend will be nice though. Partly cloudy. Partly get more info here.”
- Thursday: Maha Discovery – one-of-a-kind innovation conference bringing 500+ individuals together to interact and experience a lineup of nationally renowned speakers representing what’s next in innovative thinking. (soldout)
- Friday: 530pm – 10pm – SharkWeek, Esencia Latina Band, Snail Mail, Courtney Barnett, Jenny Lewis
- Saturday: 1pm – 1030pm – Sharkweek, Domestic Blend, Muscle Cousins, Omaha Girls Rock, Beach Bunny, Matt Maeson, Duckwrth, Oh Sees, Matt and Kim, Lizzo
Or you can drink from the Happy hours page!
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming down the pipeline for those that like to plan ahead.
- 27th Annual Dundee Day @ Underwood Ave
- Malcolm X Sol Food + Music Fest
- Food Trucks @ The Great Nebraska Brew Bash
- Feature VIII: Paul Giamatti in conversation with Alexander Payne
- Zombie Night! @ Craft Axe Throwing
- Highly Suspect @ Sokol Auditorium
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Coneflower Creamery – Brave the line, the Ice Cream Gods demand it.
Ok so after years of loyalty to Ted & Wally’s I did decide to brave the line and see what the fuss was about with Coneflower Creamery – the fuss was delicious, creamy, heavenly ice cream that changed my whole world. And this glorious sunset came about as I was eating it so I think that says something too. Check out my take here.
Want this same blog as an email? Subscribe below to receive one email every Thursday.
Fun fact: Nebraska is located in the bottom third of the country’s most populated states. With a total population of about 1.8 million people and most of its residents living in rural communities, it is also one of the least densely populated states. Via BestthingsNE
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly