Knotfest, Slash, Pokeworks, Back-to-school, Brunch, Kid’s Jail Downtown, and a Beanfest – It’s a great weekend in Omaha!
Thursday – 8/8/19
- at 530pm – Knotfest Roadshow feauting Slipknot @ Pinnacle Bank Arena
- at 615pm – Pool Party & Movie Night @ Katelman Pool
- at 8pm – Gary Clark Jr @ Stir Cove
Friday – 8/9/19
- at 5pm – Back-to-School Bash @ The Durham Museum
- at 6pm – Populus Launch @ Populus
- at 8pm – Slash @ Stir Cove
Saturday – 8/10/19
- at 11am – Pokéworks Grand Opening: Buy One Get One Free Poke @ Pokéworks
- at 12pm – Summer Beanfest 2019 @ Infusion Brewing Company SW
- at 4pm – Friends Trivia Bar Crawl @ Dubliner Pub
Sunday – 8/11/19
- at 1030am – Brunch Is A Drag @ Crescent Moon Alehouse
- at 11am – Block 16 & Friends Epic BBQ – Smokeout SMA for Presley @ Hot Shops Arts Center
- at 11am – One Community Cultural Festival @ Stinson Park
“Some thunderstorms today, but will be high 80s, and mostly sunny the whole weekend. I’d go outside if I weren’t working on this blog right now. More here. ”
Happy Hour of the Week
- The Hoppy Taco – Every day from 4pm – 7pm – $1.50 Street tacos, $2 domestic bottles, $3 domestic wells, $4 Margs on the rocks
Check out the Happy hours page for more great specials!
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming down the pipeline for those that like to plan ahead!
- Ben Harper @ Stir Cove
- Maha Festival 2019
- Gov’t Mule @ SumTur Amphitheater
- Omaha’s Original Greek Festival
- Uh-Oh- It’s A Leo-Lizzo Party @ The B Bar
- St. Stanislaus Polish Festival @ St. Stanislaus Catholic Church
- WWE @ CHI Health Center
Local music, food, and people, you should know
A Big Beautiful Kid’s Jail – Welcome to Downtown Omaha
Did you know there’s a big beautiful friggin’ kid’s jail going into downtown Omaha? Because when I look at downtown Omaha, I think, “Darn, there needs to be more jails down here.” Check out the local scoop here!
Want this same blog as an email? Subscribe below to receive one email every Thursday.
Fun fact: Notorious “Goodfellas” gangster Henry Hill was sent to live in Omaha for the rest of his life as an “average schnook” after entering the witness protection program. via Movoto
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly