North Omaha Block Party, Wu-Tang Clan, End of Summer, Garden Gnomes, Root Beer Floats, and more this weekend!
Thursday – 8/1/19
- at 8am – The North Omaha Block Party @ 24th St location (all weekend)
- at 6pm – Hanging With Our Gnomies @ Lauritzen Gardens
- at 8pm – Wu-Tang Clan @ Stir Cove
Friday – 8/2/19
- at 10am – Love of Art and Music Festival @ Midtown Crossing Turner Park
- at 8pm – DC Youngfly @ Omaha Design Center
- at 9pm – End Of Summer Rock Party @ American Dream
Saturday – 8/3/19
- at 10am – Root Beer Float Day @ Durham Museum
- at 7pm – The 70’s Band @ Stinson Concert
- at 730pm – O.A.R w/ American Authors @ Stir Cove
Sunday – 8/4/19
- at 11am – It’s Bingo B*tch @ Crescent Moon Alehouse
- at 11am – Bad Breath @ Nite Owl
- at 1pm – Rhythm N Brunch Day Party @ Parliament Pub
“Little bit of rain on Saturday, and cloudy, but the weekend will be nice and cool with highs in the low 80s, perfect weather for scootering. More here.”
Happy Hour of the Week
- Charred Burger – 3pm to 6pm Mon – Fri, All Day Sunday– $10 for a 16oz select pint and one pound of chicken wings, get a 24oz tap beer for the price of a 16oz tap beer, and more!
Check out the Happy hours page for more great specials!
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming down the pipeline for those that like to plan ahead!
- Gary Clark Jr @ Stir Cove
- Slash @ Stir Cove
- Populus Launch Party @ Populus
- Pool Party @ Katelman Pool
- 2019 Rooster Tail Ride @ Wabash Trace Nature Trail
- Pokeworks Grand Opening @ Pokeworks
- Techbrew Presents: Andrew Yang
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Ted & Wally’s – Ultra Premium Ice Cream
Is this the best ice cream in Omaha? Or is it Coneflower Creamery? Does it really matter? They both have rabid fan bases and long lines out the door. Well, I haven’t Coneflower yet, but I have had T&W’s! Check out my piece here!
Fun fact: The name “Nebraska” originated with the Otoe Indians. The word “Nebraska” means “flat water” and refers to the Platte River that flows throughout the state. Via Best Things NE
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly