Cheese, Ribstock, Cardi B, the Soul of Ben Sasse, Benson Days, Tenacious D, and so much more!
Thursday – 7/25/19
- at 5pm – JOTG: Paa Kow and his Afro-fusion Orchestra @ Turner Park
- at 5pm – Omaha Under the Radar Festival @ Joslyn Art Museum
- at 7pm – Late Nights at the Zoo @ Henry Doorly Zoo
Friday – 7/26/19
- at 5pm – The Cheese Life @ Kros Strain Brewing Company
- at 6pm – Undesign the Redline @ The Union for Contemporary Art
- at 7pm – Cardi B @ Pinnacle Bank Arena (Lincoln)
Saturday – 7/27/19
- at 8am – The Color Run 5k @ 1oth st
- at 8am – Benson Days 2019 – Street Festival @ Benson, NE
- at 12pm – 7th Annual Ribstock BBQ Festival @ Stinson Park
Sunday – 7/28/19
- at 7am – Bensons Days 2019 – The Indie @ Benson, NE
- at 11am – Ice Cream Sundae Bar @ The Green Spot
- at 745pm – Tenacious D Post-Apocalypto Tour @ Pinnacle Bank Arena (Lincoln)
“Rain today but sunny and pretty warm otherwise. Good weekend to play frisbee or fish, something like that. More here.”
Happy Hour of the Week
- Jams – 3pm to 6pm Mon – Fri – $3 wines by the glass, $2 off beer, $3 off select cocktails, $6 fries, onion rings, and bruschetta and more
Check out the Happy hours page for more great specials!
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming down the pipeline for those that like to plan ahead!
- The North Omaha Block Party
- Wu-Tang Clan @ Stir Cove
- Sarpy County Fair @ Springfield, NE
- Hotter Than July Rooftop Party @ Blatt Beer & Table
- DC Youngfly @ Omaha Design Center
- The 70’s Band @ Stinson Park
- Summerpalooza 2019 @ The Waiting Room
Local music, food, and people, you should know
The Ephemeral Soul of Senator Ben Sasse – The Interview
In honor of the Young Republican National Convention in town this week, I decided to sit down with the illusive, ephemeral soul of Ben Sasse for an interview. Sure was hard to track down! Check out my piece here!
Fun fact: Lovingly known as the “Omaha Broom Man,” the late Rev. Livingston Wills started selling brooms door-to-door around Omaha in the 1950s. Wills continued selling brooms around the city for 55 years, well into his 80s, despite being almost completely blind. via Movoto
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly