Dinosaurs, Carrie Underwood, A Journey Tribute, Polish Fest, Zydeco, Hillsong United, and more!
Thursday – 6/20/19
- at 4pm – Networking Social @ Soul & Swag, Inc.
- at 630pm – 23rd Annual Wine & Cheese night @ Wabash Trace Nature Trail
- at 8pm – 3rd Annual Rock Out to Read Benefit Show @ The Waiting Room
Friday – 6/21/19
- at 6pm – Buzzed for Bees 2019 @ Crescent Moon Alehouse
- at 7pm – Recaptured: A Tribute to Journey @ Stinson Park
- at 730pm – Hillsong United: The People Tour @ Baxter Arena
Saturday – 6/22/19
- at 12pm – 10th Annual Polishfest @ Crescent Moon Alehouse
- at 3pm – Jurassic Quest @ Mid-America Center
- at 3pm – Zydeco Festival @ Midtown Crossing Turner Park
Sunday – 6/23/19
- at 8am – Road to Omaha Run CWS 2019 @ TD Ameritrade Park
- at 7pm – Carrie Underwood @ Pinnacle Bank Arena
- at 9pm – SMO Tour 2019 @ Ralston Arena
“Some thunderstorms tonight probably but the rest of the weekend will be in the 80s and Sunny. Get after it! – More here. “
College World Series Breakdown
- Game 10: Louisville (1-1) vs Mississippi State (1-1) @ 7pm Thursday
- Game 11: Michigan (2-0) vs Texas Tech (2-1) @ 1pm Friday
- Game 12: Vanderbilt (2-0) vs Winner of Game 10 @ 6pm Friday
When: June 15th 2019 – June 26th 2019
Where: TD Ameritrade Park
Not your thing? You can always check out the Happy hours page!
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming down the pipeline for those that like to plan ahead!
- 2019 Pride Parade & Festival
- Poolooza Music Festival @ Fun-Plex
- City of Omaha Celebrates America Concert @ Memorial Park
- Omaha Beer Fest 2019
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Oasis Falafel – Falafel and Don’t Feel Awful
Feel like downtown can be a wasteland for delicious, fresh, and affordable lunch options? You just haven’t found Oasis yet. A relatively new spot that is serving up the best falafel and hummus around. Check out my piece here!
Fun fact: The original comic book Superman could leap tall buildings in a single bound. But then he had to come right back down to Earth—because he didn’t fly. It wasn’t until the 1940s, when animators for a new animated series decided it would be too difficult to routinely draw him bending his knees, that it was decided that Superman could take off into the air. Readers got to see smooth animation and a superhero gained a new power. (mindblowing – via Bestlife)
Want to try a new way to see what’s buzzing in Omaha? Sign up here to beta test Sembly www.semblyapp.com – a new mobile app for sharing and discovering what’s good in your city. Looking for 200 users in Omaha for a private beta. Would love your help in making it something useful!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly