Oktoberfest, Body Shots, Polish Harvest, Pumpkins, Rodeos, Masquerades, and Superheroes – this weekend has it all – Drink it up!
Thursday – 9/26/19
- at 4pm – Superhero Pancake Dinner @ HyVee on S 178th
- at 430pm – Pumpkin Painting At the Market @ Farmers Market Council Bluffs
- at 730pm – Donnie Baker @ Omaha Funny Bone
Friday – 9/27/19
- at 4pm – Oktoberfest on Beer Corner USA @ Crescent Moon Alehouse
- at 430pm – Polish Harvest Fest Weekend @ The Polish Home Omaha
- at 9pm – Rockin Rodeo – Free Concert @ The Capital District
Saturday – 9/28/19
- at 63opm – Beer On The Boardwalk @ Fontenelle Forest
- at 630pm – Omaha Wicked Wine Run @ Werner Park
- at 730pm – River City Rodeo @ CHI Health Center
- at 8pm – Midwest Masquerade @ The Waiting Room Lounge
Sunday – 9/29/19
- at 10am – Mystic Fest Fall 2019 @ Mid-America Center
- at 11am – Walk for the Animals 2019 @ Nebraska Humane Society
- at 12pm – Superhero Sunday @ Werner Park
- at 7pm – Bert Kreischer @ Omaha Performing Arts
“It’s going to be partly cloudy and personally, way too hot for Fall. Looking like high 80s low 90s for the weekend with clear skies. Too hot for Pumpkin Spice lattes and Yankee Candles. You can submit your complaints here. “
My Top 5 – Bars
Drinking is fun and I like to do it as often as I can. Here are my top 5 bars in Omaha. Quality, selection, service, and the vibe. What do you think?
Or you can check out our Happy hours page!
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming next week for those that like to plan ahead.
- Reggae Night On The Riverfront @ Dam Bar
- 3rd Annual Porch Fest @ Gifford Park Neighborhood Market
- Crawfish Boil @ The Porch
- Gary Allan @ Baxter Arena
- The Doobie Brothers @ Orpheum Theatre
- Monster Jam @ CHI Health Center
Local music, food, and people, you should know
UNDER CONSTRUCTION – See you next week
Much like the rest of Omaha these days, this section is under construction. But unlike the rest of Omaha, this construction will be completed. I am in the process of compartmentalizing each post of Omaha Famous so that the page isn’t one long stream of content with slow load times and all.
Also, know any artists in the local area? Send me your referrals. Musicians, painters, poets, filmmakers, comedians, I want to see Omaha’s best and brightest. If so contact me through this blog.
Like this blog? Get it as an email every Thursday, every week.
Fun fact: Oktoberfest started in 1810 and at that time it took place during one week of October. Along the years, it was extended and the starting date was changed to September because the weather is warmer and more pleasing. Therefore, it’s easier to attract more visitors to stay even longer and enjoy the beer (and festival) throughout the night. Via EDreams.com
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly