Rocky Horror, Pumpkin Fest, Phil Collins, Trick Or Treat In The Forest, Growloween, Blue October, Flea Market, and Pancakes – BOO! It’s the weekend!
Thursday – 10/10/19
- at 7pm – Stand Up For Hope @ The Relevant Center
- at 8pm – Yonder Mountain String Band @ The Waiting Room Lounge
- at 930pm – Big Hearts Big Sound @ The Down Under Lounge
Friday – 10/11/19
- at 5pm – CATS UNDER THE STARS Fall Street Dance @ Brokedown Palace
- at 630pm – Rocky Horror at the Castle @ Joslyn Castle
- at 7pm – Omaha Girls Rock Presents the 90s! @ Slowdown
- at 8pm – Phil Collins @ CHI Health Center
Saturday – 10/12/19
- at 10am – Omaha Pumpkin Fest @ Earl May Nursery & Garden Centers
- at 1pm – Trick Or Treat in the Forest @ Fontenelle Forest
- at 230pm – Skate Art Music Festival 2019 @ The Bay
- at 730pm – Blue October with New Dialogue @ Waiting Room OUTDOORS
Sunday – 10/13/19
- at 8am – Papillion Fire Dept. Open House and Pancake Feed @ 146 N Adams St
- at 11am – Rocky Horror Themed BINGO w/ Infusion Brewing @ Crescent Moon Alehouse
- at 12pm – Growloween Spooktacular Costume Party @ Pet Supplies
- at 4pm – Rock N Roll Flea Market @ Lookout Lounge
“The thunderstorms be scattered, and honestly I’m flattered, that they don’t come all together. Highs in the 50s, lows in the 30s, no more rain to report – that’s the weather.”
Cringe-worthy User-Submitted Event of the Week…
God bless my Nepalese brothers and sisters in Omaha but there are few things more cringe-inducing than a beauty pageant. Had to include it here. Go to this event if you embrace awkwardness in all its beauty and want to celebrate the cringe…
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming next week for those that like to plan ahead.
- Little Bohemia Flea Market @ Little Bohemia
- Life Size Beer Bong Tournament: HWN Edition @ Infusion Brewing SW
- Incubus @ Orpheum Theatre
- Brunch is a Drag @ Crescent Moon Alehouse
- Dirt Monkey @ The Waiting Room Lounge
- Guns N Roses @ Pinnacle Bank Arena
Local music, food, and people, you should know
UNDER CONSTRUCTION – See you freaking soon…
Much like the rest of Omaha these days, this section is under construction. But unlike the rest of Omaha, this construction will be completed. I am in the process of compartmentalizing each post of Omaha Famous so that the page isn’t one long stream of content with slow load times and all.
Also, know any artists in the local area? Send me your referrals. Musicians, painters, poets, filmmakers, comedians, I want to see Omaha’s best and brightest. If so contact me through this blog.
Like this blog? Get it as an email every Thursday, every week.
Fun fact: Ireland is typically believed to be the birthplace of Halloween. Halloween is thought to have originated around 4000 B.C., which means Halloween has been around for over 6,000 years. Via FactRetriever
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly