Beer & Bacon Fest, Incubus, Nelly, Rocky Horror, Patti LaBelle, Halloween Brunch, Vampires, Carved – AAHHH! Things are getting scary…
Thursday – 10/17/19
- at 5pm – Vampire Night @ The Monster Club
- at 7pm – Nelly w/ Bone Thugs N Harmony and more @ Baxter Arena
- at 8pm – Dirt Monkey w/ sfam + Zia @ The Waiting Room Lounge
Friday – 10/18/19
- at 7pm – Nothing, Nowhere @ Lookout Lounge
- at 730pm – Rocky Horror Show @ The Omaha Community Playhouse
- at 730pm – Patti LaBelle @ Orpheum Theatre
- at 8pm – Daniel & The Deliverance @ The Waiting Room Lounge
Saturday – 10/19/19
- at 1pm – Carved @ Rockbrook Village
- at 1pm – 7th Annual Omaha Beer & Bacon Festival @ The Capital District
- at 3pm – I Love the 90s Bash Bar Crawl @ Omaha, NE
- at 8pm – Incubus @ Orpheum Theatre
Sunday – 10/20/19
- at 10am – Halloween Brunch! @ 1912
- at 1030am – Brunch is a Drag @ Crescent Moon Alehouse
- at 12pm – Growl-O-Ween @ Woof & Whiskers
- at 130pm – Life Size Beer Pong Tournament: Halloween Edition @ Infusion Brewing Company
“A high of 74 on Friday, and quite windy as well. Then thunderstorms on Sunday, and cold again, what the hell? My thermostat is confused, and I am too, but that’s Nebraska folks, what can you do? Details here.”
My Pick of the Week…
Ok, so, for a more positive weekly feature, I am going to pick an event that may be less hyped, but one that I would want to attend or that I find interesting, in the hopes that you may too and want to check it out.
This week it’s Supper @ Harney Street. These guys are an extremely talented and groovy little folk/blues band here in Omaha. Having seen them live a few times, they put on a great show with a lot of heart and soul. And Harney Street Tavern is a fun, (and free) venue. I’ll be there drunk in the corner by myself lost in the groove, come say hi!
at 9pm – Supper @ Harney Street Tavern
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming next week for those that like to plan ahead.
- Bianca Del Rio @ Slowdown
- Omaha Fall Festival @ Old Market, Omaha
- Halloween Flash Event @ Black Squirrel Tattoo
- Trick or Treat the Museum @ Union Pacific Museum
- Masquerade at the Castle @ Joslyn Castle
- The Great Hall-oween Haunt @ The Durham Museum
- Benson Boo Bash @ Benson
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Runza – the original Nebraska hand-warmer and portable meat tube
First of all, folks. I flippin’ fixed the cottdamn page! That took way too long and I apologize. Now we can finally get back to exploring the greatest things the state of Nebraska and the city of Omaha have to offer.
What better way to get back into the swing of things than with the legendary RUNZA. Oh dearest Runza…You complete me. And you help fill out this week’s segment of OMAHA FAMOUS
Like this blog? Get it as an email every Thursday, every week.
Fun fact: The White House is reported to be haunted. The United States’ most famous address has had several reports of ghostly appearances and eerie sounds. The most common ghost sighting is of Abraham Lincoln. Today, there is a walking, breathing demon there who yells at people and eats hamburgers all day. Via 10best.com
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly