Holiday Expo, New local beer, Free local bourbon, Night of a Thousand Stars, Ailey II, Brownie Bar, Our Last Night, and more! Drink it up!
Thursday – 11/14/19
- at 4pm – Coffee Vanilla Stout 4 yr Anniversary Party @ Brickway Distillery
- at 530pm – YP Infusion @ Infusing Brewing Company SW
- at 630pm – Free Bourbon & Rye Sampling @ PROOF
Friday – 11/15/19
- at 3pm – Gingerbread Vanilla Bean and Peanut Butter Stout Release @ Infusion Brewing Company
- at 530pm – Omaha Film Festival Fall Mixer @ Omaha Film Festival
- at 730pm – Ailey II @ Orpheum Theater
Saturday – 11/16/19
- at 10am – Omaha Holiday Expo @ Baxter Arena
- at 730pm – The Piano Guys @ Orpheum Theater
- at 8pm – Night of a Thousand Stars @ Nebraska AIDS Project
Sunday – 11/17/19
- at 10am – Omaha Comic Book Convention @ Comfort Inn & Suites
- at 2pm – The Music of Vince Gauraldi and the Peanuts @ Joslyn Art Museum
- at 8pm – Our Last Night @ Slowdown
“Cloudy and cold, but not as cold as it could be. Mid 50s, or 40s, who knows, this weather report is free. A more expensive one here. “
Pick of the Week
If you’ve watched how I have gained weight the past few months then you will know that I love brownies. And really who doesn’t? They are a God-tier baked good that you just don’t get to have enough of. We are having too many cookies, and not enough brownies.
So it peaked my interest when I saw a restaurant/bar that is specializing in making these wonderful baked pillows of chocolate heaven. I mean it must be a good brownie right? I might just roll myself over to Brownie Bar on Leavenworth for their grand opening this weekend. Come join me, and when someone says you’re a bit chubby, tell them you are out there supporting local businesses.
- at 11am – Grand Opening @ Brownie Bar
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming next week for those that like to plan ahead.
- Midtown Merry Market @ Empire Room
- Buddy Wakefield @ Om Center
- Winterfest @ Bayliss Park
- Holiday Gala @ Mulhall’s
- Gatekeeper, Exhumed, Necrot, Ungoliant @ Lookout Lounge
- Drumline Live Holiday Spectacular @ Orpheum Theater
- Christmas in Greece @ St. John the Baptist
- Saturday Night Food Truck – The Cheese Life @ Kros Strain Brewing
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Orsi’s Italian Bakery & Pizzeria – Pizza so good you’ll slap ya motha
Orsi’s pizza is some of the best pizza in town and it’s an Omaha institution. If you disagree then I know a guy who likes to fish year-round in the Missouri River, ya understan? Read on for this week’s edition and fuh get about it.
Like this blog? Get it as an email every Thursday, every week, and subscribe here.
Fun fact: There is a town in Nebraska called Monowi with a population of one. The only resident is a woman who is the Mayor, Bartender and Librarian.
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly