Winterfest, Holiday Gala, Helmet, Andrew Yang, Leaky Cauldron, Drumline, Gatekeeper, Food Trucks – It’s the holiday season – this weekend!
Thursday – 11/21/19
- at 4pm – A Night at The Leaky Cauldron @ Mercury
- at 530pm – Winterfest @ Bayliss Park
- at 6pm – Holiday Gala @ Mulhall’s
- at 7pm – Gatekeeper, Exhumed, Necrot, Ungoliant @ Lookout Lounge
Friday – 11/22/19
- at 4pm – Midtown Merry Market @ Empire Room
- at 730pm – DRUMLINE Live Holiday Spectacular @ Orpheum Theatre
- at 8pm – Helmet @ Slowdown
Saturday – 11/23/19
- at 11am – Christmas in Greece @ St. John the Baptist
- at 130pm – Rally with Andrew in Council Bluffs @ Mid-America Center
- at 5pm – Saturday Night Food Truck – The Cheese Life @ Kros Strain Brewing
- at 730pm – Windborne’s Music of Queen @ Holland Performing Arts Center
Sunday – 11/24/19
- at 11am – Soft Opening @ Surreal Cereal Bar
- at 1pm – Men’s Basketball – Creighton Blue Jays vs North Florida Ospreys @ CHI Health Center
- at 2pm – Friendsgiving @ Maloney’s Irish Pub
“Mid 50s have been nice, and those will continue, but it will also rain, don’t get that rain all up in you. Bring a jacket. And plan ahead, bitch.
Pick of the Week
As you all know, I fancy myself a man of poetry, so when I see poet come to town, you know I’m trying to get down (rhymed).
I didn’t even know you could be a World Champion poet, but apparently you can. Frankly, I think that’s ridiculous. I imagine a bunch of poets in this big arena fighting it out by barking iambic pentameter at each other, until there is one left standing. Presumably the other poets are dead or seriously injured after the competition. That all being said, this guy is like a Michael Jordan of poetry, and you just know he brags about it a lot. I’m curious to check him out, and see how good those bars really are. It’s my pick of the week.
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming next week for those that like to plan ahead.
- Lights and Sounds of Christmas @ Bellevue
- Holidays in the Old Market @ Omaha Old Market
- Omaha Turkey Trot 5k @ Lewis & Clark Landing
- Elf The Musical @ The Rose Theater
- Handmande Omaha Winter Art & Craft Bazaar @ Bancroft Street Market
- Omaha Holiday Market Tour @ Nebraska Tour Company
- The Prince Experience @ Slowdown
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Nite Owl – And The Hashbrowns of Redemption
First of all, Nite Owl is legit, and if you haven’t been here yet, then we are NOT friends. It’s the late night gem of Blackstone, serving delicious food, yummy drinks, and they once saved my life with their hashbrowns. Read on to see how that all went down.
Like this blog? Get it as an email every Thursday, every week, and subscribe here.
Fun fact: Bribery is defined by Black’s Law Dictionary as the offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting of any item of value to influence the actions of an official or other person in charge of a public or legal duty. With regard to governmental operations, essentially, bribery is “Corrupt solicitation, acceptance, or transfer of value in exchange for official action.” Example, “President Trump withholds military aid from Ukraine, and will only release it in exchange for a personal favor, to open an investigation into a political rival’s son.” This is a bribe. Bribery is one of two crimes explicitly stated in the US Constitution as grounds for impeachment. Read more here from actual lawyers.
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly