Christmas Crawls, Free Tattoos, Santa Paws, Five Finger Death Punch, Brother Ali, Holiday Market, Drag Brunch – this weekend’s got it all!
Thursday – 12/12/19
- at 10am – 7th Annual Free Day @ Quality Ink Tattoo
- at 6pm – Holiday Cheers: A Festive Evening For Adults @ Lauritzen Gardens
- at 7pm – Abigail Williams w/ Aenimus @ Lookout Lounge
Friday – 12/13/19
- at 5pm – Winter Moonwalk & Campfire @ Fontenelle Forest
- at 8pm – Nation and Friends @ OutrSpaces
- at 8pm – Brother Ali @ The Waiting Room Lounge
Saturday – 12/14/19
- at 2pm – Blackstone Krampus Krawl 2019 @ Farnam House Brewing Company
- at 4pm – The Christmas Bar Crawl @ Dubliner Pub
- at 430pm – 2019 Santa Paws Open House @ American Animal Hospital
- at 630pm – Five Finger Death Punch @ CHI Health Center
Sunday – 12/15/19
- at 8am – Candy Cane 5k / 10k @ Seymour Smith Park
- at 11am – Drag Holiday Brunch @ Crescent Moon Ale House
- at 11am – Holiday Market @ The Waiting Room Lounge
“It was unusually warm for a while, but that’s just not Omaha’s style. Now it’s really flippin’ cold, and it’s going to get colder. It’s already getting old, but we are all getting older. Put on a sweater and go out this weekend ya betch (if you want).”
Pick of the Week
If you parse through as many events as I do, you start to really fall in love (or go into a fit of rage) over the various images and advertisement of events. Some people don’t give a darn, and it shows, and then every once in a while a location throws an image like this at you for their event and you just have to go. I mean, how cool is this bad ass demon carrying these children? I love it, and you know this event will be fun because the people give a hoot and Blackstone is LIT.
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming next week for those that like to plan ahead.
- Frostival 2019 @ The Waiting Room Lounge
- Lemon Fresh Day’s Annual “Ugly Sweater Night” @ Horseman’s Park
- A Drag Queen Christmas @ Orpheum Theatre
- Emo Nite @ The Waiting Room Lounge
- Home Free @ Omaha Performing Arts
- Lights of Aksarben with Santa @ Stinson Park
- A Very Merry Christmas Concert Feat Mariachi Herencia de Mexico @ Omaha Performing Arts
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Eppley Airfield – It’s Omaha’s Airport!
Wow, really running out of ideas for Omaha Famous. But here I am, sitting in the airport, and honestly, this airport ROCKS. We should all be proud of it, and that’s why it’s my featured piece this week.
Like this blog? Get it as an email every Thursday, every week, and subscribe here.
Fun fact: At Eppley, 33.6% of flights are flown by Southwest, the highest of any other carrier. Because Southwest is awesome. With Delta (20%), American (18%) and United (17.7%) following behind.
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly