Frostival, Mannheim Steamroller, Home Free, Mariachi, Lights of Aksarben, Food Pantry, Emo Nite, and more under the tree this weekend! Chag Sameach!
Thursday – 12/19/19
- at 730pm – Physicians Mutual Symphony Xmas Celebration @ Holland Performing Arts Center
- at 8pm – Home Free: Dive Bar Xmas Tour @ Omaha Performing Arts
- at 9pm – Sullivan King @ Slowdown
Friday – 12/20/19
- at 6pm – Lights of Aksarben with Santa @ Stinson Park
- at 730pm – A Very Merry Xmas Concert Feat Mariachi Herencia de México @ Omaha Performing Arts
- at 9pm – Pancho’s Return @ Harney Street Tavern
- at 9pm – Emo Nite @ The Waiting Room Lounge
Saturday – 12/21/19
- at 9am– December Food Pantry Day @ Benson Baptist
- at 530pm – Beer, Wine, and Chocolate Tasting @ Thunderhead Brewing Company
- at 6pm – Frostival 2019 @ The Waiting Room Lounge
- at 730pm – Mannheim Steamroller @ Orpheum Theatre
Sunday – 12/22/19
- at 6pm – Ugly Xmas Sweater Tasting Menu @ Block 16
- at 6pm – Seinfeld Festivus Trivia @ Farnam House Brewing Company
- at 6pm – Beers & Carols @ Full Fledged Brewing Company
“It will still be cold as balls, but warmer than before, and hey it’s Christmas after-alls, I’ll take highs around 44. Nude photos of Santa here. “
Pick of the Week
You already know I am huge fan of The Down Under Lounge, but I am also a fan of Reggae, and a fan of Christmas. So this event presents a unique triple whammy of awesome for me that I plan on enjoying.
If you have never been to the Down Under Lounge, honestly, continue to not go. The place is already pretty popular and it’s a smaller space where I can’t always find a seat at the bar. I hope you can understand. But if you HAVE been to the DU, I’ll see you there at this sweet event brah YAH MON.
This Next Weekend in Omaha…
A short preview of what’s coming next week for those that like to plan ahead.
- Jocelyn @ Slowdown
- Swartz’s Jewish Christmas Party @ Swartz’s Delicatessen & Bagels
- The Real Zebos @ Slowdown
- Kris Lager Band’s Holiday Jam @ The Waiting Room Lounge
- Criteria with Little Brazil/Lodgings @ The Waiting Room Lounge
- Kramos @ The Waiting Room Lounge
- Mulberry Lane Xmas Eve A Capella Concert @ St. Mary’s Mag Church
Local music, food, and people, you should know
The Imaginarium – Miles of Junk, Hours of Fun
Have you ever wanted to peruse through miles and miles of useless junk? Maybe not, but what if that junk was actually a metaphor for your childhood? Insert The Imaginarium, Omaha’s favorite antiques and collectibles store located in the Old Market. It’s also a cheap date spot, and it’s the feature this week.
Like this blog? Get it as an email every Thursday, every week, and subscribe here.
Fun fact: Hanukkah begins on Sunday, Dec 22nd and goes through Dec 30th this year. The Hebrew word Hanukkah means dedication, and the holiday is colloquially called the Festival of Lights. But you’ve probably seen the word spelled a variety of ways, from Hanukkah to Hannuka to Chanukah. Because the word is transliterated from Hebrew, there’s not an exact English equivalent for the sounds made by the Hebrew characters. So technically, you could spell it Khahnoocca and you wouldn’t necessarily be wrong, but most people would probably be confused. (via MentalFloss) Hanukkah Sameach!
Sign up here to join the beta test for my new local app, Sembly!
Like this blog? Support it here https://www.patreon.com/sembly