Bernie, Lil Baby, Rodeos, Fish Frys, Fuerza Regida, and a Women’s March – something for everybody this weekend!
- at 630pm – Rally with Bernie Sanders @ The Mid-America Center
- at 7pm – Lil Baby @ Ralston Arena
- at 730pm – KISS: End of the World Tour @ CHI Health Center
Friday – 3/8/19
- at 4pm – RAD Women of Omaha @ Barbara Weitz Engagement Center
- at 730pm – PRCA Championship Rodeo @ Mid-America Center
- at 8pm – Captain Marvel premiere @ The (new) Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Midtown
Saturday – 3/9/19
- at 6pm – 2019 Heartland Pride Prom @ Harrah’s Casino
- at 7pm – Perfect Pour: A Craft Cocktail Competition @ Scoular
- at 8pm – Fuerza Regida y mas @ Bere’s Hall
Sunday – 3/10/19
- at 10am – Classic French Brunch @ Au Courant
- at 11am – Kathmandu Pop Up! @ Block 16
- at 2pm – Omaha Woman’s Day March @ Omaha City Hall
Super Legit Fish Frys of the Week
Who doesn’t love a good fish fry? Check out this comprehensive guide to the Omaha Friday Fish fry
Check out our happy hour page for the usual, affordable, libations!
“Yeah, sorry, it actually did snow last weekend. And snowed a lot. It’s snowing right now, and will probably snow more tomorrow, and the day after that. ” More accurate report found here.
Local music, food, and people, you should know
Shucks Fish House & Oyster Bar – Absolutely Fresh!
What’s not to love about Fried fish? Check out my favorite place to get it, Shucks, and a very cool local story of how it all started here.
The Origin of the Reuben Sandwich – from wikipedia – One origin story holds that Reuben Kulakofsky, a Jewish Lithuanian-born grocer residing in Omaha, Nebraska, was the inventor, perhaps as part of a group effort by members of Kulakofsky’s weekly poker game held in the Blackstone Hotel from around 1920 through 1935. The participants, who nicknamed themselves “the committee”, included the hotel’s owner, Charles Schimmel. The sandwich first gained local fame when Schimmel put it on the Blackstone’s lunch menu, and its fame spread when a former employee of the hotel won a national contest with the recipe. In Omaha, March 14 was proclaimed Reuben Sandwich Day.
The other origin story, does not hold.